Thursday, September 3, 2026

"Never a Shortage"

 

“Never a Shortage”

 

In the town in which I grew up a local resident owned three small super markets which served the area well. One day while shopping with my mother and brother customers complained that the milk case was empty. The owner realized the regular delivery hadn’t been made so he got on the phone with the distributor and said in no uncertain terms that he expected a delivery within the hour. (As far as I know it was done.) While living in New Hampshire Karen and I once stopped for lunch at an Italian restaurant and when we asked that grated cheese be put on the salad we were told they’d run out of it! (A large grocery store was nearby and apparently no one thought to purchase several cans until the supplier showed up.) Then recently I went to our local post office and found they were out of stamps except for a few with a design I didn’t appreciate. Given the nature of these businesses such oversights seem inexcusable.

Compare these incidents with gifts from God which don’t run short or out:

*His love—“I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness.” (Jeremiah 31:3).

*His mercy—“…The Lord is good; His mercy is everlasting, and His truth endures to all generations.” (Psalm 100:5, NKJV).

*His grace—“…God is able to make all grace abound to you….” (2 Corinthians 9:8).

*His power—“By his mighty power at work within us, (God) is able to accomplish infinitely more that we would ever dare to ask or hope….” (Ephesians 3:20, NLT).

*His presence—“Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” (Hebrews 13:5).

*His patience—“(God) is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.” (2 Peter 3:9).

Human errors sometimes inconvenience or disappoint us but “God will supply all that you need from his glorious resources in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:19, PH). With Him there’s never a shortage of what matters. Remember, “…He is the faithful God….” (Deuteronomy 7:9). Amen!

(Emphasis added throughout.)

Grace and Blessings!

Jim McMillan


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home