"More Epigrams"
“More Epigrams”
(Please read the intro to
“Epigrams” first.)
“Be yourself. Everyone else is
already taken.” Oscar Wilde. (“I praise you because I am fearfully and
wonderfully made….”—Psalm 139:14).
“Doubt your doubts before you
doubt your faith.” Joel Rosenberg. (“If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask
God…But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt.”--James 1:5-6).
“It’s not what I don’t know about
the Bible that bothers me but what I do know and don’t do that does.” Abraham
Lincoln. (“Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what
it says,”—James 1:22).
“Few speed records are broken
when people run from temptation.” E.C. Mckenzie. (“Flee immorality.”—1
Corinthians 6:18, NASB).
“Praise the Lord anyhow!” Oral
Christian Tradition. (“Let everything that lives sing praises to the
Lord.”—Psalm 150:6, NLT).
“Pride leads to every other vice:
it is the complete anti-God state of mind.” C.S. Lewis. (“Pride goes before
destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall.”—Proverbs 16:18).
“I can’t keep the birds from
flying over my head but I can keep them from building a nest in my hair.”
Martin Luther. (“Submit yourselves…to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee
from you.”—James 4:7).
“Beware of believing a half
truth. It may be the wrong half.” Traditional proverb. (“What does the
Scripture say?”—Romans 4:3).
“You can’t steer a car that’s
stuck in park.” Motivational metaphor. (“{…Jesus}…said {to the blind man}, ‘Go,
wash at the pool of Siloam…The man went and washed—and saw.”—John 9:6-7, TM).
“When our words become weapons,
our relationships soon become casualties.” Our Daily Bread. (“Let your speech
always be with grace, seasoned with salt….”—Colossians 4:6, NKJV).
To be continued.
Grace and Blessings!
Jim McMillan

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home